An integrating part of the model offered by Arka Service consists of System Management services, aimed at management of distributed IT systems of the company. Within this realm we can find technologies for the management of application performance. Arka Service is strongly convinced that maximum productivity can be achieved in a more efficient manner through event correlation, by the means of automation of the predictive analysis system (Analytics).
For this reason over the years we have created an offer that could guarantee managements of the whole lifecycle of a company IT system, this is achieved through the following services:
- CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT is a procedure aimed at systematically managing changes in order to ensure that a systemmaintains its integrity over time. Configuration Management enforces policies, procedures, techniques and tools necessary to manage,evaluate changes, keep track of change status, system inventory upkeep, and documenting and assisting system changes.
- IT ASSET MANAGEMENT Groups practices that combine contractual and finance inventory functions in order to sustain managementof the life cycle and the related strategic decision of the IT environment. These activities include all software and hardware elements aspart of IT systems of the company.
- PROVISIONING grants supply of all the necessary technological resources (hardware and software), provisioning to users of all accessto data in order to guarantee information management at all company levels. The following fall under this category:
- network provisionig
- software provisioning
- hardware provisioning
- server provisioning
- user Provisioning
- self service provisioningper ambienti Cloud
- mobile subscriber provisioning
- mobile content provisioning
- internet access provisioning
CAPACITY MANAGEMENT is a process used to guarantee that the IT capacity satisfies the current and future business requirements in an economically convenient manner. A common interpretation of Capacity Management is described in the ITIL V3 framework and includes the following 3 processes:
- Business capacity management
- Service capacity management
- Resource capacity management
Arka Service with its offer aims to optimise performance and efficiency, planning adequate recsourcesin order to safeguard financial investments. Some of the main activities supplied are:
- Monitoring of performance and work load of a server and/or Server farm;
- Analysis of performance data of systems, including capacity impact analysis of new releases;
- Optimization of performance of activities in order to guarantee the efficient use of existing infrastructure;
- Understanding of service requirements, development of future work load growth/reduction plans;
- Plan system capacity and consequential development of related services;
In order to guarantee all of this Arka Services uses a set of technological solutions that allow our technicians to monitor events arriving by multiple systems and apply corrective actions. In some cases such technological solutions allow us to identify proactively events and consequentially deploy automatic corrective actions through programs or scripts. It is also possible to activate automatic notifications that allow technicians to take adequate action, all of this is integrated within an escalation workflow able to engage different organizational roles depending on the urgency of the problem and relevant levels of annexed services.
SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT groups all the activities that contribute in rendering software ready to use. This process is made up of different correlated activities. Since every software system is unique, processes included in each activity are unlikely to be defined. For this reason, software deployment should be interpreted as a general process that must be custom tailored to necessity. For this reason Arka Service offers this type of service with the following activities:
- Installation and activation
- Built in & Update
- Version tracking
- Withdrawal in case of obsolescence
SOFTWARE METERING provides monitoring and maintenance of licences in use. Check on number of maximum allowed licence , and check sufficient availability of licences.
PACKAGE MANAGEMENT provides software tools collection in order to automate installation processes, updates, configuration, and removal of software packages related to the operating system in a coherent manner. Generally speaking Arka Service uses Databases that contain information relative to software dependency and version, this is done in order to prevent misalignment and missing requirements. Packages consist of software distribution, applications and data. Packages also contain metadata, like the name of the file, description, version, supplier, checksum and a list of dependencies necessary for it to work correctly. During installation metadata is stored in a local database.
IDENTITY MANAGEMENT allows management of individual information, authentication, authorization and related privileges within or through the various IT systems, its objective is to increase security and productivity by reducing management cost, inactive time, and repetitive tasks. Identity Management systems, products, applications, and platforms are conceived to manage identities, and data related to individuals, hardware resources, networks and applications.
Arka Service has developed over the years particular attention to IT Security, to the point of integrating specialised technical competencies for the supervision of user information on IT systems. These include details that identify and authenticate the identity of users, as well as the information related to actions that users may carry out to access the various IT systems. This incudes themanagement of description information about the user and whom may read and modify them.
POLICY MANAGEMENT allows a series of technical check mechanisms during log on in order to reinforce security policies and ensure accountability of the information system. Policy management is, therefore a tool necessary in order to enforce policies and security commitments within systems and between them.
Arka Service operates in a Global context and is well aware that heterogeneous systems interconnected between each other are affected by different policies, norms and principles that address management requirements of local information. In this setting Arka Service can boast a long standing experience, also enhanced thanks to the collaboration with global market players.
SECURITY INFORMATION AND EVENT MANAGEMENT allows for the management of security information (Security Information Management) and the management of security events (Security Event Management). SIEM technology provides the real time analysis of security alerts generated by hardware and network applications. SIEM also allows to register security data and generate reports necessary for conformity purposes.
Arka Service monitors in real time the correlations between events, manages notifications and console views, this is commonly known as the management of security events offering long term archiving, analysis and communication of log data.